Monday, February 04, 2008

President Monson


Thomas S. Monson was named today as the President of our church. The church relies on a pattern of apostolic succession in selecting a new president. Since the early part of the 20th century, the position has always passed to the most-senior member of its Council of Twelve Apostles, the second-tier of church leadership. Monson was formally chosen Sunday and ordained in a private ceremony inside the Salt Lake Temple.
President Monson recently commented on President Hinckley's passing, "I knew and testify afresh that he was the Lord’s prophet.” What a comfort it is to always be led and counseled by a prophet of the Lord.
(To my friends who are scratching their heads and wondering why I'm telling you all of this stuff that you already know: I like to post about my faith because I like to think that my friends that are not LDS want to hear about it :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have such an eloquent, yet simple way, of explaining the way our church works. The Church needs more people like you!