Friday, February 22, 2008

I Love Today

I love today because it's Friday. Even better, I am another week pregnant every Friday, so today marks 19 weeks!! More importantly, my sister-in-law was induced this morning so I get to be an Aunt again. :) I can't wait to see my brother with a little girl. Having babies is so much fun, isn't it?

Other things I should mention:

I had really good Indian food on Valentine's Day.

Quin built me a lovely ladder shelf over the President's Day weekend and it turned out great. I love my handy husband! He also started working on another project that will be finished this weekend. I'll post pictures later so that he knows how much I love it!

And I really want to start shopping (at least window shopping) for baby stuff, so please send me your list of suggestions. What should I register for? What books should I read (although I've probably read it)? Everything from cribs to bath time - I need to know! Likes, dislikes, dos, don'ts... jordanlparks@gmail.com

7 comments:

Katy said...

I certainly have plenty of advice to give. I'll hit you up soon.

Now you can call 1-800-COLLECT and actually talk on the phone instead of saying, "Name: Malinda Hadababyit'sagirl" and then hang up. I don't know why I just thought of that commercial and made me think that this comment would be funny. I hope you know what I'm talking about or this could be awkward.

Anonymous said...

I don't have any baby advice, but my co-worker loves this website to get nursery/decorating ideas, etc...
http://www.babysupermall.com/

(Katy, I totally remember that commercial and it's hilarious!)

Colton and Ashley said...

No advice on the actual BABY from me! Sorry, not an expert yet. I can help with the decorating though! You'll have to hit up our friends for everything else! All I know is...call me if you are sleep deprived and will come to ther rescue! You nap, I play with the babe. :)

Alyse said...

Pampers are my favorite diapers =). Buy lots of onesies and burp rags. Can't wait for you guys to find out.

Tami said...

Jordan and Quin-

I have 2 words for you. MIRACLE BLANKET. This swaddling blanket will be the best thing that ever happened to you. I SWEAR by it. Both my babies were fussy and high maintenance - but with this blanket they were sleeping through the night at a few weeks old. They were also happier in general because of it. Go to www.miracleblanket.com to learn more about it. There is nothing else that works as good. All my friends use them now too, and swear by them. If I were a millionaire I'd buy one for every new mom. I think they should hand them out at the hospital, and make all mom's repeat "swaddle, swaddle, swaddle!" They are a bit pricey - but have a money back guarantee. You won't need it though cuz they are worth every penny! Email me if you ever have more questions about it...

Kendria said...

What to Expect When Your Expecting, What to Expect the First Year, Baby Wise (if you want to go that route)... Those are some good books. I will have to compile a list for you! There are some things I haven't even used- waste o money... Can't wait until next week! My guess is... GIRL! Huggies are great once they are out of the NEWBORN diapers... Pampers Swaddlers were great when he was a newborn (size N).

Pierce and Stacy said...

Thank you for making time for me today and talking. I love you