Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This Happens More Than You Know - To Me

1) Last year I was at a Chinese restaurant with Quin and his family. After the meal, our waitress brought complimentary shot glasses of liquor for everyone at the table and then she set a shot glass of Sprite down in front of me and my high school brother-in-law. Of course, the drinks were sent back and the waitress was utterly confused as to why everyone was laughing so hard.

2) A few months later I was at Brady's high school basketball game. On my way out the door, I commented on some piece of art in the hallway and the pricipal stopped me. She put her arm on my shoulder and said, "Tomorrow morning, you should stop by the advisors' office. There's some really great art in there." It didn't take Brady long to realize that she thought I was in high school; maybe even his girlfriend.

3) After working in the same office for almost a year, the accountant was shocked when she found out that I was married. Apparently, she had assumed that I was 18 and thought the ring on my finger was a really nice gift from my dad!

4) Just last night, I went to another one of Brady's basketball games. He's a senior this year so I figure I must've matured to at least post-graduation looks, right? We walked up to pay for our tickets and the lady says to Quin, "She's $3 and you're $5." My mother-in-law couldn't contain herself. I mean, I'm standing there with a man that's clearly a 5! What does that make me - the high school skank with the older boyfriend that couldn't even be misconstrued for a 3?! I guess I'd rather be me than the over-aged boyfriend that comes to his under-aged girlfriend's high school functions; sorry, Quin!

I'll be 25 in June and Brady will have graduated from high school, which kind of stinks because I was hoping to take my baby to a game and see if I could pass for $3 as the babysitter. And now I wish I was showing because passing as the pregnant teen would've been even more satisfying!

9 comments:

Katy said...

When you're in high school, you look like you're in college; when you're out of college, you look like you're in high school. The older you get, the younger you look--not totally a bad thing. I can't believe the accountant didn't know you were married--she's crazy!

Jordan said...

Yes, she is a bit crazy. One time she was telling us about this really racey show she likes and then she stopped and said, "Jordan, you'd really like that show." It was really funny!

Kari said...

Jordan, I feel ya. One time in California my uncle introduced me to some guy and then introduced Matt as my husband. The guy goes, "Husband?? How old are you?" I said 21, and he was like, "You look 15!" I just wanted to say, "Well screw you." It happens to me all the time.

Kendria said...

You will love those comments in about 20 years- you are just young and vibrant Jordo- You are one hot high school chick!

ambyr said...

Oh my word Jojo!!! You will totally want those comments in 20 years!! Better to be younger than older I say:)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I hope you don't get any lectures about teen pregnancy once you start to show. :)
I miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious post...

Katy said...

Hey, this must mean we're the same age. On my flight back to Utah over Thanksgiving, a woman asked me, "So are you in 12th grade? 11th grade? . . . " I'm pretty sure she would've kept lowering the grade had I not interrupted her. "College! I'm in college!" I didn't add that I was graduating soon--she would've been shocked. Anyway, maybe you're a senior in high school and I'm a freshman. I can't believe how long ago that was.

Colton and Ashley said...

Now I got the whole story! That's too funny. But, I would rather be the young high school skank than a cougar! Am I right?