Wednesday, January 16, 2008

NEVER PEE INTO THE WIND, EH?

The only thing worse than 12 degree weather is 15-25 mph winds!! This morning I went to sweep the remaining, powdery snow from my car and the entire bit of it ended up in my face and hair because I was aiming into the wind. When I made my way to the other side of the car... do you think I aimed down-wind? NO!!! I'm an idiot and I'm pretty sure I said outloud, "Stop peeing on yourself, Jordan!!" Don't worry, it's supposed to get up to a full 18 degrees today and I'm pretty sure it can't snow when it's that cold. Although, it was snowing this morning and they say there's a 60% chance of snow this afternoon...hmmm.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my mom yesterday -
M: You can really tell it's winter here in Puerto Rico because we've dipped down into the low 80s.
J: It's winter here too, and I know because it's supposed to be 18 degrees tomorrow.
M: And you like it there?
J: It's not that bad and the summers are really nice. All four seasons are nice.
M: hmmm.

And now I'm reminded of how my nostrils were frozen shut this morning.

On a warmer note, Quin and I have booked our plane tickets to Puerto Rico in March (Quin's Spring Break)!!

Also, I saw two over-weight squirrels yesterday balancing on the twigs of a small, bare tree. I wish I had my camera.

6 comments:

Erin said...

yea! ya'll are going to PR?!?! when?? we'll be there the 6th-13th (scott's spring break).

Jordan said...

We'll be there the 14th - 23rd. Quin and I were hoping that we'd overlap a bit, but I guess it turned out better this way because mom says that she probaby wouldn't have enough room for all of us at once.

Katy said...

And I'm going March 24th-April 1. Imagine that! Not. Anyway, funny post--love the obese squirrels. I don't understand the peeing down wind comment--help me understand! I love having the four seasons at school. Even when it gets to 4 degrees with the wind chill.

Jordan said...

Think about it: If you pee into the wind, where does it end up. Hint: You should always pee down-wind (the same direction the wind is blowing). ;)

Anonymous said...

See what you can do to get a picture of those fat squirrels.
How exciting that you get to go to Puerto Rico. I'm sure your parents can hardly wait to have you there!

choohooo said...

You are too funny! Have fun in Puerto Rico- Enjoy the freezing 80 degree weather!! :) We'll be here in the SNOW. Kendria