Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pregnant Brain?

On the way to my first prenatal appointment yesterday, I took a wrong turn to the hospital/OB's office that is right down the street from my house.

After my pelvic exam, I forgot to get dressed before the nurse came back in to take my blood.

After getting my blood drawn, I went back to the waiting room (fully dressed, thankfully) until it was time for my ultrasound - leaving the huge "new mom" goody bag the nurse had just given me in the exam room.

Anyway, everything went really well, and I'm excited to say that yesterday was my first NAUSEA FREE day!!  AND  Because Quin wanted to talk about the baby appointment when he got home late last night, I had my FIRST mid-night snack EVER.  And I learned that Raisin Bran does taste better at midnight, BUT it's not worth the third bathroom break!!

6 comments:

Katy said...

I have no idea who the heck Douglas is! I'm going to delete that comment because that's just creepy and uncalled for. He left a comment on your blog, too? Weird. I laughed from your post. You're such a silly pregnant girl! I saw my freshman roommate, Carrie, on campus a few days ago, and my oh my is she getting a belly. I can't believe it!

choohooo said...

Raisin Bran never tasted so good until I ate it pregnant... I loved cereal for some reason. It was great to see you yesterday and I really must tell you that you looked so beautiful... I really think pregnant moms glow- you were sure glowing. I loved your hair too. Thanks for a break from the house... can't wait to do it more often.

choohooo said...

Sorry, choohooo is Brandon's email... :) Kendria

Alyse said...

Get used to losing your brain...I was SO forgetful while I was pregnant. Thankfully, my brain has begun to regain its strength! Can't wait to see you next week!

wendy said...

Your mom told me about how you told them you are expecting. Very cute idea!! Congratulations!!! We already miss your mom and dad. I can't believe they left Texas!

Skinners said...

Yeah! The memory thing only gets worse I'm afraid. Wait until you have two kids! We are so excited for you! Being a mommy is the best thing ever and you are going to be an amazing one! If you want a night or two to "practice" with my kids, just let me know!!!