Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Girl Gwyn



I regret to inform everyone that Guinevere died in her sleep last night. Those who knew her best say that she was a good goldfish and lived a long and happy life. Quin and I could tell that she was coming down with something last night because she wouldn't swim to the top of her bowl when we walked by like she usually does. This morning we noticed that she hadn't touched last night's dinner and, upon closer examination, it was evident that she had given up the ghost. Gwyn had a rough patch when we went to Moab and left her in the care of some family members (who shall remain nameless). We were worried about her, but she fought through it and survived the over-feeding and the cloudy water. Ultimately, Q and I have determined that she simply died of old age. Please do not send flowers as they would not flush well.

(The picture quality is not the best, but it was one of Gwyn's favorites because it was taken before her age spots appeared).

4 comments:

Haley said...

Such devastating news Jordan!! I am sad to say that I laughed through your whole post - I hope Gwyn's little spirit is not offended.

Kendria said...

Gwyn, we miss you... even though we had no idea you even had a goldfish. Old age eh? She didn't exist 3 months ago... Well, hope the flush went smoothly. See you at Quinton's big birthday party!

Kendria :)

Jordan said...

We did have her 3 months ago; thanks for noticing!! We adopted her for Christmas, and who knows how long she was alive before that! :)

Katy said...

Very touching, Jordan. That post was simply beautiful.