Sunday, August 24, 2008

Outrunning A Tornado

YESTERDAY, we had a TORNADO WARNING in our area.
TODAY, we had a TORNADO in our area!

Earlier this evening, Quin ran out onto the balcony to take pictures of the golf ball sized hail on our lawn.  A few minutes later he ran back into the house yelling about a tornado coming right for us.  I realized he was serious when he buckled Miller into his car seat and headed toward the door.  We decided yesterday that his parent's basement would be safer place for us during a tornado than our third floor condo.  
About 5 minutes after we got to his parent's house, the tornado near our condo was gone, but there were reports of another funnel forming right in his parent's neighborhood!  What?!  Fortunately, that tornado didn't come near the house, and Miller lived through his first TWO tornados.  :)
Here's the video I shot on the way to the Parks' home.  The tornado was actually a lot closer than it looks in the video.  Quin thinks it was probably 3 miles from our condo.

8 comments:

ambyr said...

oh my word girl!!!! you totally should submitted that video to the news!!! that's crazy!!! i'm glad yall are o.k!!

Pierce and Stacy said...

The whole time we watched the video Katy said, "show us Miller. Show us Miller." We caught a glimpse of his blanket and got excited, but he was a no show. sad.

katy:"I guess the tornado's cool."
pierce:"Let's watch Twister."

Kelli said...

Wow! That is so scary!! I'm glad you guys are all okay and that your condo was safe too.

That's funny that we have the same title for Stacy's wedding. I just noticed that :) She really was so beautiful! It was fun to see you and all your family again too. And I would love to take a family picture for you guys anytime! It's too bad we couldn't do it while you were here. You'll have to let me know when you are in town again and we can get together.

Skinners said...

What the heck? Things were fine here! Glad to know you are all safe and sound. Miller is getting so big and I can't wait to MEET him!

Danica said...

What were you thinking driving to his parents during that?! You are always welcome to come to our house! We're a lot closer and you have a key ;)

Danica said...

Oh, I have to agree...it was HUGE. The video did not do it justice.

Colton and Ashley said...

SERIOUSLY! HOLY MOLY!!!! Colt called me and told me about it...I didn't know it was that bad! Or that big! Scary! YIKES! Glad you guys and Miller survived!!!!!!

Kendria said...

That is crazy! I totally feel like I am watching TWISTER right now! That is nuts! Glad you made it out alive! SCARY!!!