Thursday, April 03, 2008

Random Snippets

I had another prenatal appointment yesterday. Quin's classes were cancelled so he got to come with me!! My doctor gave me the glucose drink for my next appointment, told me I had gained 10 lbs. (which almost caused me to go into labor until she clarified that that was 10 lbs. total, not 10 lbs. since my last appointment), and then she told me that she'll be out of town for the month of July (my due date) so, "I'll need to switch you to a different doctor." Luckily I like all of the doctors/women in this practice, so I'm not too flustered about the whole thing.

Speaking of weight gain... I can officially no longer fit on the eliptical at work without risking a couple of bumps to the belly (unfortunately, I instinctively lean forward when the resistance increases - I can't control it; it's a reflex or something). Anyway, looks like my lunch breaks will be limited to the treadmill and the weights, which really stinks because the treadmill shocks me at least three times everyday!!

Speaking of belly size... Today was the first time that a complete stranger asked me my due date. I was actually caught off guard, so my answer was a bit delayed. You know what that means, right? Her eyes started shifting around like she was looking for something to say in case I wasn't actually pregnant. I could tell that she was relieved when I told her I was due in July.

Speaking of my due date... I was just noticing that the little baby ticker at the top looks like an actual baby, which is really exciting. I clearly remember the days when I would look at the ticker and wonder what it would be like when I was at the baby stage and not the alien-cashew stage. I think the baby is really cute.

Speaking of really cute... My mom crocheted this sweet blanket for Peanut and I love it. It's soft and so much more special because it's handmade by Oma!!

*I really did not plan the whole "speaking of..." thing, it just flowed out that way. Like Katy said, I'm "magical".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, I love that you are still obsessed with middle names. (Every person we ever met our freshman year was politely asked his/her middle name...)
Secondly you are magical.
Lastly, I love that you had a crush on David. Don't old crushes make you laugh? We've been on a couple camping trips with Krista and her husband, and there is never a dull moment! (She is expecting her second daughter the same week as you and Quin!)
P.S. Katy and I are talking about pooling our money together in order to get you and peanut out here.

Anonymous said...

P.P.S. Still email me.

P.P.P.S. Please keep posting pictures of your cute tummy. I love to see them!!

Katy said...

You are magical.

I had no idea that you were obsessed with middle names! Did you know that I am, too? I'll be talking to someone and be like, "Let's cut to the chase; what's your middle name?" And then there are those suckers who are all shy about sharing their middle names because they're "weird"--like a name from their genealogy that no one would dare use as a first name, or they get their mother's maiden name.

Great post! I liked all the "speaking of's." Your post flowed very smoothly and logically--can you tell I've graded way too many papers this semester? I gotta get outta here!

Pierce and Stacy said...

WHAT'S WITH ALL THIS MAGICAL BUSINESS???

And JEN... Why is it only you and Katy who are planning on flying jo and peanut out to Utah?

I think I'm a little emotional and upset here because I feel so left out.

P.S. We want more belly pictures, we want more belly pictures.....

Skinners said...

You are so cute! Glad to hear all is going well. You are so much better pregnant than I am. I would completely skip the workout and have a bowl of ice cream instead! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I'd like it to noted that anyone with money is welcome to donate to the "BRING JORDAN AND PEANUT TO US" fund.
Stacy, you can be the president of the fundraiser. :)

Kendria said...

I remember the day someone asked me when I was due- It really does catch you off guard, but at the same time you are REALLY PROUD! I love the blanket too- that looks really comfy! Can't wait to spoil peanut when he comes! Hurry and be done already!