Thursday, April 28, 2011

One is Fun!

We celebrated Emerson's 1st birthday on Easter Sunday with the family!  She has grown so much in the last month, I have a lot of updating to do...
 These decorations were so fun and easy to make.  Tissue pom poms, coffee filter garland and pennant banner.  Done and done.  (I know I take terrible pictures!  Clearly I need to take a second to learn how to use my camera).

 Cake pops for party favors







Emerson played with this grocery cart for at least 10 mins straight (that's like hours to a one year old)!
She also got a Radio Flyer wagon with a sun canopy!  Miller loves it almost as much as I do - I mean almost as much as Emerson does, of course.


 After the Easter candy and cake pops, this is about the extent of the cake that was eaten.  I took the whole bottom tier home and ate it myself.  Seriously, I finished it last night.  It was the best scratch frosting recipe in the universe!

 And of course, an Easter egg hunt in Emerson's honor (just kidding).

Happy birthday sweet girl!


PS - My sister made these little peeps on a pretzel nest for each table setting.  Such a cute idea!

5 comments:

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

LOOOVE the peeps! The decorations are AWESOME! WOW. Pierce even commented and said, "who made that wreath? It's awesome!" (we both looked at the blog whilst gchatting miles away)

Love everything about this post- and Happy Birthday sweet Emers!

Erin said...

I can't believe she's already 1!! Everything looked so cute, and I'm especially glad she loved the grocery cart and food :) I think we should reuse the decorations for the lunch after Eva's blessing/Katy's farewell...

Regina said...

So cute! I love that wreath!! Happy Birthday to your 1 year old!!

Kendria said...

Very Cute, Jordo! I love it all- the peep birds are super cute too! It was so fun to see you last week... hope I can see a bit more of you real soon! ;)

Anonymous said...

Those are some impressive decorations Jordan. It looks like your sweet baby girl just keeps getting cuter!