Today, Miller and I were kicking the soccer ball and I was telling him how good he was doing, so he turned Emerson around in her exersaucer and told her to "watch Miller kicking soccer ball". Then he looked at her every time he kicked the ball to be sure that her eyes were on him.
Sometimes Miller speaks for Emerson now. The other day she burped and he said, "excuse me" in a little voice on her behalf (he also says "thank you" for her and stuff like that).
He often talks to me in a deep voice and calls me Cookie Monster. That's usually when he's trying to butter me up for something. He talks to Quin in a similar voice and calls him Optimus Prime. He expects to be called Cookie Monster and Optimus Prime in return during those conversations. The best is when he talks in a British accent and calls us Charlie. I'm not kidding! It's a natural reactions for him to say, "Ouch Charlie. That really hurt, Charlie" when he stubs his toe or bonks his head. He said it at my mom's house yesterday and it was hilarious!
Miller has been talking for quite some time. He talks a lot now, but even before we left Colorado he was easy to understand. I think it was around the time of Quin's graduation that he told me he likes to be called Miller Man. This is how it went:
Miller: Mommy, I like it Miller Man!
Me: You like to be called Miller Man?
Miller: Yes (more like yeth)
Quin: Who is this (showing pictures of Miller on the computer)
Miller: Miller Man!!
That settled it. We mostly call him Miller Man now. Recently, Miller tries to call us by our first names. Obviously, that's not allowed, but it's still pretty funny to hear him say it. For some reason he called me Jordan a lot today. I kept telling him that I didn't like it when he called me Jordan and so he said, "Okay Jordan Mommy, sorry about that".
He makes me laugh all day. I feel really lucky to have two extremely happy kids! We love them so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment