Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Emerson Leigh Parks

Little Tinker Bell joined our family 4 days early (April 19th)!! It all happened so fast and was MUCH easier than our first experience...

My contractions started the night before but they stayed at 10 minutes apart, so I sent Quin to work with the plan to meet up at lunch to have our baby. :)

I finally went to my doctor's office at 11:00 am and they sent me right over to labor and delivery. I checked in there at 12:00 pm and then Quin arrived just in time to watch my contractions jump from 10 minutes to 4 minutes and 3 minutes... Luckily, I got the "fastest epidural ever" (according to my nurse) and had a sweet little girl at 2:22 pm.

What a blessing our baby girl has been!
Emerson Leigh at 1 week old

Miller LOVES his baby sister!! And so far he's been very careful with her.
Can you tell he's proud to be holding her by himself.
Miller is always telling us to "go" so that he can be alone with her.
Emerson LOVED her first bath! (and I love the elephant ears).
Thanks to all our friends and family for the emails, cards, phone calls and endless support over the last week. We're doing great and we're so grateful to have two happy and healthy kids at home with us.

19 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

I love her already! And I love EMERSON! Best.name.EVER! We are happy to have little emerson in our family as well. I think my favorite are the pictures of Miller and Emerson together!

Katy said...

WOW! Emerson completely looks like Quin in that last picture! Congratulations, Ma and Pa! I love you, Emerson Leigh! :)

ambyr said...

oh my word, what a doll!!!! congrats!!! are you going to come and visit anytime soon?!! you have an adorable family!!!

Kari said...

I love the picture of the three of you. Emerson looks like a doll (literally) in it! Miller looks giant in the picture on the blanket. Is it true you're planning on calling her Emi?

Tami said...

love the name!

Sandra Nixon said...

She is adorable, i am so glad everything went well. Congrats!

mackenzie said...

so cute! can't wait to see her in a month!

The Piersons said...

Oh she is so beautiful Jordan, I just love her. And I love the picture of Miller holding her, you all look so happy.

Zack said...

She's adorable. Can't wait for her to meet her soon-to-be cousin.

Erin said...

Yea for another sweet niece and cute cousin!! We can't wait to have her in TX. Congrats - she's perfect!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Katy, she totally looks like Quin in that last photo!
Jordan, the picture of you and Miller holding Emerson is so priceless. The look on your face, the look on his face, it all melts my heart. (Plus, I'm loving the black sweats and the Lamar shirt. Takes me back.)
Love you and hope your recovery is going well!!

Kendria said...

Yeah! Lovely name choice... Looks like Miller is loving her just fine! :)

Colton and Ashley said...

LOVE IT!!!! SO cute! We will have to talk later! :) he he he. But she is so cute! Congrats you guys!!!

Tracy Anderson said...

I'm so glad the delivery went better this time. It's always so nice when it is an improvement over the last time. Miller sure is cute with her. She is a beautiful baby!

tjayandjulie said...

congrats..... she's beautiful!!!

Malinda said...

Can't wait to meet her. Dade keeps asking how Miller's Little Sister is...I think he is as excited as we are to see her.

Regina said...

Awww! These pictures are so cute! You look great! Glad everything is going great!!

KJ said...

What a beautiful baby and I love the name Emerson. April 19 is a great birthday to have...
Can't wait to see her in person.

Angela Henderson said...

Congrats on a quick and easy delivery. She is so beautiful.