Maybe I can just turn this blog into a poll site. I'm always thinking of questions that I'd like to throw out there... Like this one - Have you ever used a baby sling? I think I want to try one for when I'm out and about with two kids. Maybe that would free up a hand for Miller. And I like the fact that it doesn't weigh as much as lugging the car seat around. But there are so many different kinds, so I want to know what you like (or dislike).
PS - little Miller has croup and it is awful! He's trying to take a nap right now, but he can't stop coughing. This is why he walks/sits around all day with his eyes half open. Poor guy! :(


10 comments:
Kelly has had croup many times, poor Miller!
About the sling, I used a bjorn with Kelly when I went grocery shopping before he could sit in the cart. i couldn't see over the carseat, so this was the only option, but I loved it. Also,I want to buy a side by side double stroller where they both face forward, so until the new baby can sit directly in the stroller, she will be in a sling. I think those front/back strollers will just cause fights the older they get!
I always hated lugging around a carseat, they are too heavy! I always left mine in the car except if it was really hot. Sorry this is so long, but we are both due with #2, so we are thinking about the same things!!
The Bjorn is nice (especially because it distributes the weight evenly across your back). I got a sling from Target (Infantino brand) as a gift, and it worked great for Levi when he was little- the baby is strapped in inside it, so I felt good that he was secure, and there is a ring so you can adjust it). It was very handy for shopping- I never lugged the carseat around. I also have a Hotsling- very simple- there are no adjustments and baby just hangs out inside. Supposedly, you can use it for toddlers too, for carrying them front-facing and on your hip (I never tried it). Weston likes the Hotsling better than the Target sling- he falls asleep as soon as I put him in it, and then my hands are free for dishes, playing with Levi, etc.. You just have to make sure you get the right size so it fits right and baby is secure.
Hope this helps and I hope Miller gets better soon!!
I have a sling that worked perfect for the first few months for Roman (I'll double check the brand.). Then, the Moby wrap and Baby Ergo carrier are both nothing short of AMAZING - seriously! Absolutely worth every penny, especially with two babes close together. I really recommend these over the bjorn.
I purchased (and returned) two baby slings before I got the Moby wrap. It's pricey, but SO worth it. There are about a dozen ways to wrap a baby in it, and my back never hurts when I use it. I love the Moby and Leila usually gets so cozy in it that she falls right asleep.
clearly, i have never used one myself. but reagan loved it for the twins- each parent could carry a baby and have hands free for the 2 year old.
page has a moby wrap (i think) and really likes hers, too.
i'm sure you'll get lots of help from friends but if you wanted to talk to them they would love to give any suggestions. :)
the other thing i meant to say: my sisters have felt a lot more comfortable taking young babies in public in the sling because they're not exposed to as many germs, and also people are less likely to try to touch the baby when they're all wrapped up and hidden!
I have no experience to add...
I just wanted to say Hi! and that I got really excited when you blogged.
ok, bye.
Don't like slings at all. I have one you can try if you want to see if you like them before you buy one. It's a "Hot Sling" and my babies just never liked them... You can have it if you like it. :)
I obviously don't know from personal experience but have been researching slings quite a bit. I hear the best things about the Beco Baby Carrier. It isn't cheap, but it is good ergonomically for both parent and baby, distributes weight well, and comes in colors that dads can wear.
Hey Jordan, just caught up with your blog from Mackenzie's. Congrats on the baby girl! I just wanted to say that I LOVE my Moby wrap, and if you google "how to make a Moby," you'll find really easy instructions. (You basically buy the right fabric and cut it in half.) The Moby is super comfortable and so cuddly for a newborn. It also works with a toddler. I've tried lots of things and have the most wonderful things to say about the Moby wrap.
Post a Comment