Sunday, March 21, 2010

Miller Man Update

20 months:

Sweet Miller is talking up a storm these days. We're always surprised how many words he knows, but it's only because he's ALWAYS asking us, "What's that!" Then he watches you say it very carefully and tries to repeat it, so he's constantly learning new words.
He also speaks in sentences and it is so cute! His first sentence was, "I like it pudding" then "I like the(se) shoes" and "I like the rocks". One day he said, "No like the wind".
Then he started saying, "Fix the hoop" and "Yay, daddy fix(ed) the light". He has a couple other favorite sentences that I can't think of right now. But I think the cutest thing is when he tells us that he loves us, he kind of sings it (video coming soon).
He's also very polite. He says, "thank you" all the time! And I mean ALL THE TIME because he says it again and again until you acknowledge him.
A couple of weeks ago, I came down with Miller's cold. Every time I sneeze or cough he says, "bless you, Mommy" and if I say, "Ouch" he runs over and pats me on the back. Too cute! The other day, toward the end of Miller's nap, I started coughing in the hall and then I heard Miller say, "Bless you, Mommy" from his crib. (Of course, that was the end of the nap).
If you don't know what he's saying, he'll figure out a way to tell you... Yesterday he said "get dressed" but I couldn't figure out what he was saying so he ran to his room, grabbed a shirt and said, "clothes".
Also, he still signs - usually 'please' and 'more'. It's really just for emphasis now because people seem to act faster when they see him signing. Smart man!
We have fun laughing about Miller's cuteness every night.

Anyway, we leave for spring break in Texas on Tuesday. Quin will be visiting dentists and practices in the area. He finished the state licensing boards today and we're happy that it's over!

6 comments:

Alyse said...

What a sweet boy! How funny that he blessed you from his crib!! I can't wait to see you guys & live close to you (at least for a little while!)

Pierce and Stacy said...

I miss my Millerman.... :(

I love him. and you. and quin.

Kendria said...

Amen to them being done! Have a great time in Texas... I hope you find something you absolutely LOVE. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!

And Miller is cute... just think- you get to do it all over again in a few months... you forget how exciting it is when they learn to clap or laugh or crawl... It's great even the second time around. :)

Love your buns!

Kendria said...

Make that ONE MONTH!

jocie said...

i love that you are raising a polite southern gentleman.

Anonymous said...

Chad and I just got off a plane FROM DALLAS! We were in Arlington for the past week and a half and flew home last night. I kept wondering, if by some chance, you were there too. Plus, when I got your thank you card in the mail you even mentioned meeting in Texas. DANG!

I'm so upset, I would have loved to see you, meet your baby girl (kind of), and squeeze Miller.

Oh well, I'll just be kicking myself for another few days. Love you and hope all goes well. Give your parents our best.