Thursday, April 30, 2009

crawling and pulling-up and...

CRAWLING!! (looks a little like Bambi)
In this video, Miller is crawling to get his favorite ball.  He gets distracted about half way through by something in the carpet.  Then he dives a few times at the ball before realizing he has to take one more crawl-step to reach it.  He always dives about a step too soon.  :)

PULLING-UP!!  (also looks a little like Bambi)
I cut out the end of this video because I know people don't want to see him eat it, but really he fell (with a huge smile on his face) because he tried to turn around to see if I was watching.  Then he started clapping for himself.  :)


Miller seems to understand A LOT of what we say.  He even follows directions well, like when we tell him to turn the page or to put something in his mouth (instead of playing with his food).  He enjoys drinking from a straw (because that's what big people do) and feeding himself (not always successfully) with a spoon.  He also says, "ba ba" (ball) and waves while saying, "buh buh" (bye bye).  And he really likes to give high fives (or even ten).  The list grows everyday!  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

In that first video, when he sticks his little bum in the air, I feel my heart melt. What a sweet baby you have! Does it feel like he is growing up too fast? I mean, this kid is going to be one soon!

(I'm sorry I missed you when you were here. We were so close to getting together, but I hope you had fun with Katy and the family.)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Did you get my text? I don't want you to think I was ignoring you... Love ya!

Erin said...

Oh My!! They grow SO fast!! I don't know what was funnier... watching Miller in these videos or seeing Roman watch Miller in these videos :) I think these two will have a *great* time together when you come visit!

jocie said...

oh he does have a bambi-like style. i'm in love.

Dick Thiot said...

So... You should have really left the last part of the second video in there. I really wanted to see him fall. :) Is that so bad of me? I wanted to see his reaction and the smile on his face. Boo...

I've watched them both three times!!!

Katy said...

It's too bad my name doesn't start with a "B" and have one syllable--then I could brag that he said my name first! Get him started on the K's next, would ya?

What a darling babe. You know how I feel about him. That little boy is near and dear to my heart.

The Swanks said...

He's getting so big - Love the videos. He is working so hard to get to that ball - in no time he will be zipping around your place.

Kendria said...

Bambi or not...He is cute and gettin' big! Did he say "ball?" I think so!