Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Vicious Pirate

I never got around to posting more about our recent trip to Puerto Rico...  The most memorable part of our trip was sailing with my dad.  He passed his final sailing tests just before we arrived, so we got to go on his maiden voyage!!
One step closer to being a VICIOUS PIRATE (see below).

On our first trip to PR we visited a nearby fort, which my dad LOVES.  As he was looking out over the shore he said, "Man, I would've been a vicious pirate!"  He was totally serious, and I've been teasing him about it ever since.

This trip, my dad posed on a stack of cannon balls at another fort, and I asked for his most vicious pirate face.  This is what I got.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I meet someone from Arlington, and I mention I know the Brinkerhoffs, I ALWAYS get the same response, "I LOVE DIRK!!"

Seriously, there isn't a person I know (including myself) who doesn't have a special place in their heart for your dad.

Dick Thiot said...

Wow! Doesn't that vicious pirate face make you want to give him a big hug? Yeah, he's a big teddy bear. :)