Wednesday, March 04, 2009

rub a dub dub

Oh man, he's cute!!  
We finally got the oversized, inflatable ducky for bath time.  Of course, we waited until the foam matt from our countertop tub pealed away and our son was hanging over each end of that little thing before we finally caved.  This is probably only a big deal to us, but this duck is huge (considering the size of our one bathroom apartment)!  Nevertheless, it's here and it hangs on our shower wall to "dry".  Quin has already suggested (seriously) that we decapitate the duck so that it doesn't take up so much shower space when it's hanging there!
Anyway, Miller wasn't 100% sure about this new-duck-in-the-big-tub thing at first, but the sheer amount of toys and splashing to be had in the duck have helped to ease his anxieties.  He still projects a nervous whimper when I'm not sitting on the edge of the tub next to him - which is actually more like a convenient baby-well-being alarm feature that he was born with.  I think he's saying, "Don't leave me, I might do something crazy."  
Is it obvious that I don't normally stay up this late?  (not to post anyway)

8 comments:

jocie said...

oh man, he is so cute. i love babies who love water...and large inflatable ducks.

Anonymous said...

For the love, what is it about babies in the bath? So cute.
Try to convince Quin to not decapitate the duck, you never know what repercussions that could have. :)
Keep the Miller pictures coming, he is growing too fast!

Pierce and Stacy said...

That late? It says it was posted at 9:15... what time do you go to bed?

So cute, I've never seen or heard about this duck thing. LOVE IT!

Jordan said...

No, my time stamper is off - it was like 11:15pm, which is pretty late for me.

Alyse said...

He is so adorable! I just want to squeeze his cheeks!!! I can't believe how big he is getting! I can't wait to see him & you guys again!

Katy said...

Are you sure that's not a kiddie pool? That thing is ginormous! ("These toilets are ginormous!" -Buddy the Elf)

He's just a bundle of love. I can just imagine how he would stare at me with a confused look on his face as I squeeze his cheeks and just "ooh" and "ahh" about how darn-tootin' cute he is.

Danica said...

I think that bathing him in a decapitated duck = years of therapy or an intense love for hunting. SAVE THE DUCK!

Colton and Ashley said...

Oh man look at those cheeks! I want to kiss them!!!!!!