Monday, January 19, 2009

6 Months Old (1 week + 1 day ago)

Miller has always been very strong, but he's never really liked "tummy time".  When he was three months old, Quin was playing with him on the floor, on his tummy, and he rolled to his back in protest.  Cool new trick!  Shortly after that, he learned to roll onto his side, but he'd just balance on his side.  This was also a cool trick, but it seemed like it took a lot more effort to balance on his side than it would have for him to just plop over and lay on his tummy.  Still, coaxing him to roll onto his stomach has been challenging.  
We put toys all around him, just beyond his reach so he scoots and rocks to get closer.  Then the tiniest little nudge on his bottom, and he'd suddenly be on his tummy.  Of course, we'd erupt into applause and Miller would flash a quick smile before rolling back onto his back.  Lately, in a valiant effort to appease his parents, Miller has been spending more time playing on his tummy before opting to roll onto his back.  Last week, on his half-year birthday, Miller celebrated by busting out this new trick!  Still, he'd prefer to be sitting up or on his back, but he rolls around nonetheless.  

3 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

I really really love these videos that you post of him. I want more in fact. And I think it's funny that he doesn't like tummy time and one of his most famous pictures (to the right of this post on your blog) is on him on his tummy... SMILING! I love my Miller. Maybe over the Feb. 14 holiday we can come visit?!?!

Pierce and Stacy said...

* is OF hims on his tummy.

Poorly written sentence, I know. That's why I'm STILL in school.

Pierce and Stacy said...

*is of HIM on his tummy.

OMG. I can't believe I just did that again, and that I said, "OMG!" weird.

I'll stop now.