Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tagged

Well, I've been blogging for one year + two weeks + one day now and this is the first time I've been officially tagged, so I shall participate. Here are 6 little known or interesting facts about me:

1. In third grade my teacher told me that I had to wait to go to the restroom until my classmate returned, so I peed my pants. Actually, I was wearing a skirt and I stood right next to my desk and peed. The only person that saw me was a girl that was still learning English, so I told her to be quiet. Then the pee stain was discovered and this kid put his nose in it and said it smelled like apple juice. My teacher knew what was going on so she came up to me and asked if I needed to go to the bathroom (to clean up) and I said, "No, I already did." My teacher later told my friends what had happened so that they would try to make me feel better. They didn't actually say anything to me about it until we were in high school.

2. I'm the only one in my family that went to Catholic school for 7th and 8th grade. I couldn't get in to the Baptist school that my girlfriend was accepted to because I'm Mormon (which isn't considered a Christian faith in the Bible belt), so we went to the Catholic school instead. In 7th grade, my dad was the girls' basketball coach and he held our practices in the LDS church gym. In 8th grade I was elected the school president (probably the only Mormon to be the president of a k - 8 Catholic school in Texas). That year they built a gym over the playground and fired my dad from coaching. I guess they realized we were taking over :).

3. I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian from 7th grade through my freshman year of college. It started out as a challenge from my girlfriend to abstain from red meat for one month. At the end of that month, she went back to eating meat and I quit meat totally. I still don't like ground beef, and I only eat red meat sparingly. A couple of months ago I went to McDonald's to get a McNugget Happy Meal between work and my cake decorating class. I don't remember the last time I went McD's, but I was desparate. Then I got brave and tried a cheeseburger (I don't know why) and I got food poisoning (not kidding). After that, I considered reverting back to my meatless ways, but chose instead to revert back to my McDonald'sless ways.

4. In sixth grade I broke up with my long-time boyfriend from kindegarten. He was the most popular boy in our class, but I thought he was lacking personality. That same day I started "going with" the bad boy of our class (more personality I guess). He was so notoriously bad and the total opposite of my elementary school sweet-heart. After recess my teachers found out what had happened and they pulled me out of class so that I coud break up with the bad boy. Things just weren't the same after that :).

5. It didn't occur to me to sneak out of the house until after I had graduated from high school. Once I did, I couldn't stop - although I'm sure my parents wouldn't have minded by this point. I don't think I ever skipped school either, but I wish I had.

6. When I was little my sister and I were riding bikes on a busy street near our house where we weren't supposed to be. I was speeding down the sidewalk when this red Ferari pulled up to the stop sign in front of me. I slammed on the breaks and slid all the way under the Ferari. Luckily it wasn't moving at the moment and I was able to crawl out with my bike. The lady in the Ferari was so worried about her car. I don't think she said anything to me - she just checked the car and sped off. My sister and I vowed never to tell our parents. We managed to keep it a secret up until just a couple of years ago.

Thanks, Haley; that was fun! Now I tag: Erin, Jen, Kendria, Stacy, Alyse and Danica (and Courtney and Ashley if you girls read blogs anymore).

4 comments:

Katy said...

I probably shouldn't have read that in class. I was laughing a lot--and I'm in econ right now.

Pierce and Stacy said...

I just now read your post and didn't know I was tagged. So, I shall now write on my blog for the SECOND- yes second time today. You read that correctly. I wrote already today. I believe that is my third post. I have vowed to write more. You are too funny. I love how you kept names anonymous in your story- such as the bike riding incident... which was you and me! Oh and who was the bad boy? I know Adam was the good one without the personality.

Jordan said...

The bad boy was Michael Cross. I think he's in prison now (not kidding).

Millene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.