1 year ago
Thursday, May 17, 2007
IT MUST BE A GUY THING
My co-worker, Kelli, and I have discovered that we have at least one pet peeve in common and that's noisy door closers. I've become an early-to-bed, early-to-rise kind of girl, so I'm almost always in bed before Quin. He often comes in the room to check on me while sleeping (also during naps) and when he leaves the room, he shuts the door as if I were wide awake reading a book or something (reading. what?). Anyway, I've trained Quin to be quiet in the room when I'm sleeping, but he still enters and exits like a mad man...I don't get it. I finally decided that Quin was just inconsiderate, or maybe unable to comprehend the magnitude of the disruption since he's not a light sleeper as I am. Then, Tuesday afternoon, Kelli and I watched this man excuse himself from a meeting held in our conference room. As he closed the door behind him, he was very careful to turn around (facing the door) and slowing cushion the door closed, BUT NO TURN OF THE HANDLE!! Are you kidding me? You're going to make a conscious effort to slowly shut the door to minimize the disturbance and then you just let it latch shut?! Why wouldn't you simply turn the handle until the door is closed? Ahhhhh!! It must be a guy thing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I must say that I love my husband very much, and I truly believe that we'll get through this noisy door closing stage together.
Slam! Slam! Slam! That's what I say, go Quin! Hey, at least he's home while your napping and not playing golf, right? (we're still on for tomorrow, right?) BTW, who's that sexy boy that almost threw up his Flaun? Hook me up! ~BH
Weird. I always close the door really quietly. Jo, let's just say he'll learn how to close the door when there's a baby who finally goes to sleep--he definitely won't want to wake up the baby. Guys, Jordan's not pregnant--just giving an example.
Ok -- I think Jordan is over reacting. It's really not that bad. I just like to make sure that the door is securely closed behind me. I like to hear that confirming "click" of the door securely latching closed.
JOrdo- you are funny! Hope you had fun camping. Sorry that we didn't make it up there. Did Quin zip the tent up nice and quiet? :)
Post a Comment