1 year ago
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Extraordinary Adventure Part II - Snowboarding
After my company Christmas party in Vail, Quin and I headed over to Copper to snowboard. He has already been snowboarding a couple of times, but this was my first time and I knew it would entail a lot of painful falls. Quin and I ski in the winters and we water ski and wakeboard in the summers, so we thought it wouldn't take me too long to get going on the snowboard... After a couple nasty falls, we sat down to regroup and then I got up to go and slid right into Quin. I fell on his board and then on him (picture Dumb and Dumber), shoving his face into the snow. We just laughed about it and continued down the mountain. About a quarter of the way down, I stopped to pick up a cell phone that had been dropped in the snow and noticed some blood in the area. Someone must have really ate it! By this time, I wasn't falling much anymore, but I had to stop frequently to rest because my legs were jello! Everytime I took a break, I noticed drops of blood in the snow. About halfway down the mountain, I told Quin that my new ski pants weren't keeping the snow out very well because my butt was stinging (frostbutt:). Just then I realized I was sitting in a puddle of blood...I had been bleeding since the fall on Quin's board at the top of our run. Apparently, the stinging was a combination of my sliced butt and the snow leaking through the slice in my brand new ski pants and thermals - fun! It got so bad, that I had to walk the last 1/8 of the way down - embarassing! When we got to the bottom, we went to ski patrol for some bandages and they asked to see what I needed it for. So down came my pants and their eyes got really wide and they said I would need stitches. No time (by that I mean money) for stitches, so we left with bandages and I waited at the bottom for Quin to squeeze in another run - we didn't want the whole day to be a loss. Needless to say, we're now nursing the gash in my bum, but the worst pain I have is a severly bruised tail bone - ouch!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment