Miller turned 2 this month (July 10th) and we celebrated his birthday with all the cousins over the 4th of July weekend. It seems like Miller is passionate about everything these days, so we decided to go with a "planes, trains and automobiles" theme.
the spread
Miller's giant cupcake
planes, trains and automobiles cupcakes
pool party
the "big kids" were in the pool ALL day with the dads
brisket sandwiches, pasta salad, chips and potato salad
garlic bread, salsa, guacamole, watermelon and strawberries OH MY!
I did get a picture of him blowing out the candles, but this picture of Katy helping him lick the frosting off each candle was so cute!!
good thing he had plenty of "help" opening his presents
the fire truck face (he loves the siren)
his new bike (and he insists on wearing the helmet)
his new ride (sorry guys, it's only a one-seater)
Optimus Prime pinata!
...that goes with the automobiles part of the theme, right?
Oh well, the boys thought it was "awesome".
Everyone got to add their pinata candy to their planes, trains and automobiles party favor cartons (plus a few other goodies). We had so much fun!! Miller woke up singing "Happy Birthday" the next few mornings.
(We had Miller's party a week early since we decided to move over his birthday. Everything was thrown together at the last minute, so I didn't get to send out invitations, but I had a cute plane ticket invite that I'll post later if I can find it).
(Oh, yeah, and we moved! Our new house is great and spacious. ;) We're not sure if we live in Keller or Fort Worth because we've been told two different things, but we know it's around there. I probably won't post pictures because the rooms are empty!! I'm blogging from our card table turned kitchen table right now. We've been to so many furniture stores in the last couple of weeks, but we haven't found anything we like yet. Suggestions are welcomed!)







10 comments:
Safety first!
I appreciate Miller's helmet wearing habits.
Funny theme! I really like Miller's firetruck face.
Post pics of the outside of your house, at least! I wouldn't mind living in that area. Keep your eyes open for a job for Matt!
The big cupcake is so cute and I love Miller's face in the Flintstone car---so happy! I miss you Miller!
Happy Birthday! I am glad to see some new posts on here! Looks like a wild party!
Happy birthday Miller, such a Big boy!
Happy birthday Miller man!!! Cute stuff Jordo!
And I'm sure Miller appreciated every bit of wax he got to eat. I'm always happy to share.
happy birthday little july 10th twin!
you moved to Texas!? Yay!
We had the same Keller/Fort Worth issue when we moved here. It seems that it was Keller and is being changed to Fort Worth...it should officially be Fort Worth (on everything?) within the next year (or so I'm told).
It was fun to have you over last week. Let us know if you need anything...we're not far away!
Post a Comment