Well, last time I blogged about this I had prepared my first Supper Solutions meal and was very excited with the whole routine. The lasagna roll ups were good, but the portion was too small for the two of us. This, however, did not phase me because I knew that the fish and meat dishes to come would all have three breasts (or filets or whatever) and should be plenty filling. Well, day two was fish tacos and they weren't any good, but then again I don't really like fish. Day three and so on didn't get any better; to the point where the portion size no longer mattered because we usually didn't finish the meal anyway. I don't want it to sound repulsive, it just wasn't impressive. After my second SS session, I chose not to sign up for the following month, and Quin and I have decided that we're finished with that. However, I will miss the fact that I didn't have to clean up after myself when preparing all 12 meals. I will miss the one-hour, once a month prep time for all 12 meals. I will miss the shorter grocery lists and the already planned meals. And mainly, I will miss the short 20-30 minutes it took me to reheat each meal every night after work. For this reason, Quin and I have decided to do our own Supper Solutions at home. This, of course, will take much more planning and prep time (and clean up), but hopefully I'll be able to use one Saturday out of the month to prep and freeze meals. This way, we get to cook the recipes we like (and maybe it will be cost effective). I'll let you know how it goes. First, we have to get through the 12 meals in my freezer from last month :).
*Note: Don't be discouraged if you were looking into a meals-to-go type place near you. My girlfriend, Danica, and her husband have really enjoyed Supper Solutions (although they're not pleased that the SS prices just went up). I think the principle behind these meals-to-go joints are fabulous and am really glad that I did it because now I know the technique for my own pre-preps.
1 year ago


9 comments:
What a disappointment! I tell you what--you should start making things in the crock pot (even though you probably do that). I made this bbq chicken for sandwiches in the crock pot, and it was amazing and EASY SCHMEEZY.
i LOVE crockpot recipes! Will you email your bbq chicken recipe to me?
I just need to get the extra freezer for Christmas and I would be all over this... We did something like that for Enrichment and they were pretty decent. It's a lot more work to do it on your own, but you are JORDAN! When can I get that meat recipe for the beef we had at the Flake's that one time? Send it to me momma!
2 chicken breasts, 1 C bbq sauce, 1/2 C water. 8 hours on low, and you're good to go. I usually shred the meat once it starts getting tender. Adjust sauce and water to number of chicken breasts you have. I could easily serve 5 people with 5 chicken breasts--plus leftovers. See--easy cheese.
Hey! Sounds like you are going to be quite the chef. I need to get going on that so colt won't starve when I'm out of town. Anyhow, how was Christmas? Are you guys coming to our New Years party? I'm just trying to get a count. We are driving home sunday! HOORAY!
What the?!? I'm just sitting at work, and thought I'd check your blog and your PREGO!?!?!? JORDAN! CALL ME!! I'm so happy for you! You are going have one gorgeous baby...
What the hell?! Were you pregnant when we had lunch in November?!?! You are sneaky! Okay, I'm calling you after work.
Post a Comment