Monday, October 08, 2007

Rookie Cake Decorator

I recently took a cake decorating class with my good friend, Danica. This was my first cake (yellow with a Nutella cream filling).









Cupcakes are so much fun. And tasty...especially chocolate cupcakes with raspberry filling.










This cake had a rough ride home, but the roses made it safely. I added a few more leaves than I originally anticipated because my hand started hurting, and I couldn't make any more roses. After the cake started melting, I decided that it was the inside that counts...and it does. Yummy strawberry cake with strawberry filling.










5 comments:

Katy said...

You are an expert! Everything looks great! I can't believe all the fillings you used--Nutella (excellent), raspberry (my favorite), strawberry (no-brainer. Classic). I bet Quin's happy that you took the class. Such yummy treats you bear when coming home! I'm jealous--I want to do something fun. But I'm poor, busy, and uncreative! :( Don't feel sorry for me.

Colton and Ashley said...

Colton said...."CAN SOMEONE SAY FRUITCAKE?" Nice Rainbow Quin!

Ashley says, GOOD JOB JORDO! you'll have to teach me your new talents!

Lori said...

Wow! That looks good enough to eat---non-caloric and low-fat, I bet! I am very impressed--I have tried but never succeeded in decorating a cake anyone would want to eat. Notice how cakes were not a part of your childhood!

Kendria said...

Quin....rainbow....Quin....rainbow....hmmmm.....

Katy said...

Just for your information, I didn't make the relation between Quin and the rainbow. Very fitting--I'm kidding, Quin, I'm kidding! But that's funny. I know you were just trying to use as many frosting colors as possible, so I won't judge. Also, I really like the quotation at the top of the page. It's so true that normal is just a setting on the dryer.