Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm Back

Well, I know I've been slacking lately, so here's a bit of an update. Quin takes the boards on July 19th, so he's been studying like a mad man. At CU, the boards are administered at the conclusion of the 1st and 4th years of school. Then the week after the boards he has to tackle his finals, so needless to say, we're looking forward to the end of July!

My main excuse for not blogging lately (even though I had a birthday and the 4th of July in the interim)is that I've been getting ready for Katy's arrival. She's here now and Quin and I are SO excited that she came to visit us. And no, my house wasn't in such disarray that it took me that long to prepare for our guest... But once I started getting the guest room ready, I couldn't stop organizing (and re-organizing) every knook and craney of our house.

Anyway, Kates arrived Friday afternoon with a stomach ache that she got the night before after eating at Thai Ruby in Provo. She came to work with me for the remainder of the day (Friday) and actually ended up sleeping on the floor of a vacant office (poor puppy). That night we went to our favorite local restaurant for dinner, Hickory House (BBQ), for some yummy brisket sandwiches. Yesterday we went to the Denver Zoo and then to the IMAX to see Ghosts of the Abyss (Titanic). Katy is still doubled over with her stomach knots. We've been feeding her a steady diet of Mylanta/Maalox and Tums, but to no avail. Hopefully, this trip won't be a total blur to her. Tonight we'll be eating Sunday dinner with our friends and we'll keep you updated on the remainder of Katy's visit. This is exciting for me because it's the first guest we've had in our 3 years of marriage (sad). Not counting, of course, the time that Dain and Malinda were driving through and stayed the night at our old house - this doesn't count because we were out of town and didn't even get to see them (talk about bad timing)!

Anyway, we'll be repainting soon - I'll let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

Kendria said...

Hope she feels better by dinner tonight. Jordo, I posted the Expectant Mothers parking sign for you... see what you have to look forward to as soon as Quinton convinces you to have a BABY! Love ya! :)