Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Little Piece of Me

I hate saying goodbye to my family. It's like watching a little piece of me walk away. That's definitely the best thing about my family - we're part of each other. That's also the best thing about the gospel - eternal families!! Lately, I've been daydreaming about living on the Brinkerhoff cul-de-sac (like the Cherringtons, my cousins). I don't think that will happen in this lifetime, but someday...

I sent Katy home (Tejas) on Wednesday. She finally started feeling better on Tuesday (which was her last day here), no thanks to the Urgent Care facility I took her to Monday evening. I felt REALLY bad that she was sick almost the entire time she was here, but we still got to do stuff...
Friday and Saturday (see previous post)
Sunday - Katy attended my Sunbeams class on Sunday. I wasn't even sure if the kids noticed her because no one asked any questions or starred at her. Then at the end of class, after all of the other kids had left, little Hayden said, "Welp, now it's me, you and Katy - let's go find my mom." I guess they did see her there. After church we went to the Flake's house for Sunday dinner. Katy successfully made life-long enemies with my friends because she ROCKED the boys in Guitar Hero and she killed the girls in several "friendly" games of Nerts.
Monday - I got home at noon30 and Katy was just getting out of the shower. I took her to the outlets in Castlerock, but we had to leave because her stomach was in knots (of course, I managed to find a $5 pair of jeans before we left). Wendy's for dinner and The Queen on the boob-tube (is that how you spell it?). Oh yeah, urgent care = no help.
Tuesday - I came home Tuesday afternoon and Katy announced that she was hungry. This was a major breakthrough because she didn't have an appetite all week (very uncharacteristic). We went to our favorite pizza place and then Katy and I saw Transformers. Love Shia. Then we went to the Parks's house (in-laws) for dinner (with the Lemons).
Wednesday - Katy flew home and I cried. She actually took an unexpected stop in OK City, but she eventaully made it home.

Thanks for coming, Katy!! We miss you already :)

3 comments:

Katy said...

I miss you too, Turtaffe.

Skinners said...

Hey Jordan! Love what you've done with the blog! Quick question, I posted your blog to mine and I know it is for readers only but was wondering if this was okay anyway.

Pierce and Stacy said...

Ok, so I know I am a little late on every comment I make... BUT... I love the noon30 in this post. So creative and so funny AND SO you! love you