And so it begins - a year and a half of writing letters to my sweet little sister while she teaches the gospel as a full-time missionary to the lovely people of Sacramento, CA. I'm good for it. I wrote my other sister, Stacy, every week when she was serving in Chile. :)
Family at the airport (minus me)
Dad, Katy & Mom
Katy & me
The siblings (minus Stacy)
Scott, Jordan, Katy & Dain
The good and faithful servant.
Maybe it's because I'm getting old or maybe it's because I have kids that are growing way too fast, but 18 months doesn't sound so threatening anymore. She'll teach and teach and then she'll be back in no time! So, as they say in California, "Hasta la vista, baby!"


4 comments:
is she crying in that last picture? i would have been bawling. and so ugly.
Ha... That first picture was SO taken before the crying started happening. :) Cute. I'm sad I wasn't there. She looks great - best dressed sister missionary EVER!
I'm pretty sure these events are toughest on parents, so I hope your sweet mom and dad are doing okay!
What an amazing girl Katy is! Best of luck to her.
P.S. I know you didn't mean to, but you kind of stole the show looking all hot. :)
I know, right? When we were teenagers, 18 months was so long!! She'll be back in no time! :) When shall we come over this month?
Post a Comment