For me, blogging is like doing laundry. It feels good to get it done, but then I forget that it's something that must be done regularly! Also, I enjoy the benefits of my blog almost as much as I enjoy clean laundry. :) Anyway, while I've been doing laundry, Emerson has been growing...
She's been sitting by herself for many weeks now, but Miller still thinks it's a cool trick. He is always taking toys from her and then soothes her by saying, "Thanks for sharing Emers. You're a good girl."
She has her two bottom teeth and is working on a mouthful more. We first noticed them at her 6 month check-up. So far, both of our kids have handled teething really well. Yay!
(Em had a small scrape on her forehead and then Miller turned it into a battle wound when he tried to "clean" it off using his fingernail. She didn't even make a peep. Finally, Miller said, "Oh no, it's getting really dirty (aka gushing blood)." That when I found her, bloody and smiling!
She loves getting attention from Miller, so bath time is a real treat. She also loves her toes (much more than Miller ever did)!
She does not, however, love Santa! Both of our kids cried through the whole ordeal. Miller was just as upset seeing Emers in Santa's lap as he was when I tried to put him in Santa's lap! While I was taking pictures he cried, "No way, let's run away! Run fast, mom!" I have to admit, Santa does look a little freaky. The car ride home was spent convincing Miller that Santa isn't scary. He finally agreed that "Santa's just a little scary".
These days our little bug loves getting into everything within rolling distance! She's starting to scoot, but usually ditches that effort in favor of power rolling. The best news is that she's still as sweet as she's ever been. What a blessing!


4 comments:
Run away! Wow, Miller really has a personality. And what a nice boy trying to clean Emerson's face--very funny (but only because Emers was smiling). :)
Your post title cracks me up. Too funny.
Emerson is getting cuter every day...even her "get-me-out-of-Santa's-lap" face is adorable!
They're getting so big! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
haha, he 'tried' to clean her up. Awww. Reminds me of a time when I tried to help Katy to like taking baths.... or the time I thought she could use a haircut. How did you get out of my hands when we were younger? I could've helped with your hair too!
Post a Comment